We live in a fast paced world and a lot of us don’t take the time to slow down and take some ‘chill time’. It is absolutely necessary to have balance in your life. Without balance there will be illness. It is the way of the Tao, yin and yang, to always bring things back to balance.
We all have stress. You may have heard that stress is the cause of many illnesses these days. What is the ultimate cause of stress? Usually unresolved emotions and feelings either from the past or present.
Illness and sickness is your body’s way of forcing you to rest. Rather than waiting until you are completely rundown and get sick from overwork, or emotional stress. You can be proactive in managing your stress by doing regular self-care, rest, and recuperation. You may find when you go back to work that you are even more effective, focused and clear headed.
Stress is often related to emotions and feelings that are stuffed and avoided for whatever reason. I have found the use of essential oils for emotional health and balance to be easy and highly effective.
When essential oils are inhaled they pass through the nasal passages to the area of the limbic brain, which is the seat of all emotion. Just by inhaling essential oils you will affect all the cells in your body in a very short time. There can be an almost instantaneous shift in mood.
- Lavender is commonly known to be for relaxation. Place it on your feet before bed for a restful nights sleep.
- Vetiver is an essential oil that is very calming by itself or in combination with lavender you can put it on your child’s feet to keep them calm and attentive in school.
- Peppermint oil can be used to clear sinuses, alleviate headaches, and freshen breath.
- Lemon oil is crisp and refreshing. It may be added to water to boost metabolism and put on the chest and throat to relieve congestion.
- Orange oil can be inhaled or diffused to lift depression and feel more joy and happiness.
Dr. Shelley recommends essential oils for stress relief and emotional freedom as part of her Breakthrough Your Inner Blocks™ 90-Day Program.