To be successful in any area of life you have to know who you are and live from your center. You must develop an undying unwavering belief in yourself and faith that you will achieve your goals.
Do you keep attracting the same relationship over and over again? Then it is time to look at why and make some changes. We always say that this time it will be different, yet if we don’t do anything different or change the way we think, it won’t be different.
When you keep seeking your worth and validation from outside of yourself
you will never achieve the success you want.
In 1985 I was living in Minneapolis doing massage therapy. Ironically one of my clients was the foremost authority on codependency, Melody Beattie, author of Codependent No More and many other books on codependency. Even though I was attending a twelve-step group called Overeaters Anonymous I really didn’t know about codependency. Unbeknownst to me over 25 years later I would be glued to her every word as I tried to figure out why my life was spinning out of control.
There is a huge gift in codependency as you learn the patterns, are able to recognize the signs, and then quickly shift into a healthier way of being and living. You actually can find yourself again or maybe even for the first time.
Like all habitual patterns, both thoughts and actions, it can be
hard to break free of them on your own.
First of all you must begin to recognize the patterns. Then take an honest look at yourself and begin to assume responsibility for everything in your life both good and bad. Nothing happens in a vacuum. You have attracted whatever you are experiencing so there is a lesson there for you.
You may not even realize that you are codependent. Here are some signs to look for:
- You have a hard time making decisions.
- You ask for others opinions and advice rather than deciding yourself.
- You don’t know what you want.
- You get confused easily about what you are doing with your life.
- You do things to make other people happy at your own expense.
- You sacrifice your dreams and goals for your job, relationship or family.
- You feel ‘crazy’ sometimes and you don’t know why.
- You ignore ‘red flags’ or make excuses for others behaviors.
- You isolate from friends and family in order to avoid the truth.
- You don’t take others advise or help even you know they might be right.
- Even though you know what is right for you to do, you feel paralyzed by indecision.
If you are going through a divorce, breakup, or loss of relationship and are still not getting better it is time to look deeper. Let’s discuss your situation and get you out of the cycle and on to healthy relationships.
Sign up for a FREE Empowerment Session and lets get you unstuck and living your life to the fullest!
Click to schedule your appointment here: I AM READY.